A new control stick !

Notizie e aggiornamenti sui software e le periferiche occorrenti per utilizzare i simulatori.
Rispondi
C6_Trollbug
Utente
Utente

A new control stick !

Messaggio da C6_Trollbug »

Hi !
I’m one of the “mud movers” of the “C6” squad (France)
Some months ago , I encountered two guys , a pilot of jet to the retirement, and an industry manager. Two simmers , two collectors impassioned by the second world war.The Tarmac Aces Team was born. And we made a dream : to carry out a control stick the most reliable, most precise, most resistant possible, equipped with the exact replica of a handle having existed...
We’ve done it !
The Tarmac Aces team carried out the most precise and most realistic central position control stick existing at the present time. These reports come from all the simmers (from all flight simulations games) which had the opportunity to test it at the Simulation Meeting of Le Bourget the 21 to 23 September.
They expressed their satisfaction as well for its precision as for its realism of catch in hand. We thank them for their analyses and feedbacks which enable us to increase the adequacy of our productions with their whishes.
This performance level is the result of hundreds of hours of research and development that the Tarmac Aces team devoted to this project, and to the technological innovations challenges.
The community initiated and encouraged this challenge. This is why, in accordance with our credo "by simmers, for simmers", we wish to facilitate the access to this level of piloting and feelings at the community.
Even if the budget necessary to the purchase appears significant, once announced at the simmers which had it in hands at Le Bourget Simulation Meeting (21-23 september 2007), it was regarded as amply justified by the users : ... Just have a look on the simmers testimonies in the “news” column of our website!
You can discover it here :
http://tarmac-aces.com/
We accommodate your proposals for a replica to be studied...
72sq_KOS
Team
Team
Contatta:

Messaggio da 72sq_KOS »

Hello Trollbug,

interesting thing you made here. Making replicas of WW2 sticks is a great, excellent idea but I have some questions for you.

First of all the cost. I understand that is a new thing on the market that no one else has done and that the stick has metal parts and has been molded from a plane in restoration... but isn't it € 780,00= a "little" too much to have this thing at home ? Also because it would be a replica of just a BF109 stick and not of other aircrafts (even if I've seen, and voted, other stick to make a replica).

And beside this, from what I read I see that the axis available are just 2. This means the use of only ailerons and elevators. What about the Rudder and throttle control ? If I understand correctly, they will be available as "stand alone" in a further time but since then how can a pilot control its plane correctly without rudders and throttle ? Nowadays is nearly impossible to fly a plane in the simulators without these controls (IL-2 especially). So isn't it a bit hazardous to place the stick on the market at that cost when it would be usable just with another hardware of another hardware house ? (Saitek X-45 / X-52 , CH products for example)

Besides these questions, the idea is really great and it would be exquesite to have other hardware replica ... even if the costs are nearly too much for the "normal" pilot.
I see this kind of hardware excellent for cockpits replica as happens nowadays with Flight Simulator.

Bye and keep us informed!
Immagine
C6_Trollbug
Utente
Utente

Hi 72sq_KOS !

Thanks for your welcome !

I know it's a high price item .
The admirors of F16 can find their happiness. They have the possibility of having a good stick, by adding a MOD in their Cougar. But admirors of windmills, warbirds? Some manufacture very beautiful cockpits (in particular of FW190), but which handle can they install to fly their preferred plane?
None.
There is no handle with central position of good quality on the market. The FSSB reproduces with the perfection, appears it, the behavior of the genuine stick of F16.
Which handle reproduces the 40° travel of a true handle of FW190, Bf109 or P51, and the feeling to order a whole linkage, to the ailerons?
None.
Here is our report. Our starting point.
Moreover, we drew it so that it is almost everlasting, almost indestructible (within the framework of a normal use, of course), and most precise possible. Result: We carried out the most reliable joystick, most precise and most realistic existing to date.
The quality of its sensors with Hall effect enable him to send 60 times more data of position to the controller than of the best potentiometers. It is expensive, it is true, but a handle of this quality cannot be carried out at low prices...
High grade components are very high prices ! 8O
(and you could not imagine the investment necessary to do only these two parts ... :gulp: )
It cannot be compared to any joystick. It is a revolution , far over anything you could imagin in terms of sensations and precision .

I use it with the throttle of my Cougar , and my CH Products rudder ....
We have a rudder and a throttle "in our pocket" , but today , the priority is to carry up more handles (we work on the SEMM (Mirage III , F1 , Jaguar ) ) , and sell some :roll:

good flight !
:bye:
C6_Trollbug
Utente
Utente

Hello !
Many thanks to 352ndChaco and JVM , thye simmers who gently took time to formulate an accurate translation for our english pages !
There are some good news in the Briefing Room page , and on the 12th of november 2007, some new propositions of accessories swill be subjected to your votes.
C6_Trollbug
72sq_KOS
Team
Team
Contatta:

Messaggio da 72sq_KOS »

S!

I'll go give a check to the web page right away :cool:
Immagine
Rispondi